Thursday, December 30, 2010

DECEMBER 30th, 2010

This is my new dress.  I'm not saying the outfit is anything hot (I know a few ladies who judge the heck outta footless tights with flats.)  This was Christmas Eve, in which Dave and I nogged ourselves silly and danced to old soul records.  

 
Dress: Weston Wear.
Tights: Target.
Shoes: Thrifted (they were NWT so it wasn't that gross.)
Mink wrap: given to me by my friend and former radio co-host Daniel.  It belonged to his dead grandmother.  I've been wearing it around the house like a housecoat almost every day lately.  (It's getting cold in the NW - and by cold I mean 35°, which yes, is about as cold as it ever gets.)

About the dress: (here's why it's special)

Well, I bought it from where I work, so I paid more for it than I typically would for a dress.  But that is not really why it's special.  It's special because last fall I went on a buying trip with my boss Carla and we met with the Weston Wear rep.  Weston Wear is, well, at it's worst it's nylon mesh shit that looks straight outta the 90's.  
 
Lately, they've been classing it up and romancing stores like Anthropologie (where this dress also happens to be for sale.) So the rep shows us a bunch of styles ("bodies") in different fabric options.  One of them was this dress.  In this fabric.  And I swooned and lost my shit inside but of course Carla ordered a different one.  Which sold out in two days, so she called Weston Wear and asked for anything else they had in that print.  They happened to have a lot of this dress (because Anthropologie placed an enormous order) and so they sent it to us and then I bought it and it was my Christmas dress and I've worn it for three days straight and it's perfect.

Here's a better photo of the dress proper because I want everyone to have the right idea about it and because I took this photo and because the above photos weren't really intended to be blog photos anyway.


2 comments:

  1. I almost bought this dress 3 days ago when I was at anthropologie, but got the yellow skirt instead. I'm glad you have it, it's so great on you.

    ReplyDelete