Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2nd, 2011


This morning Dave and I went to Ristretto for coffee and scones.  There we met a nice man who talked trash with us for a stretch about Ohio and the death of manners and which restaurants are overrated and which are not overrated.  This delightful conversation made me desperately want to go thrifting in Ohio, where Thomas (that is his name) assured me I would encounter a seriously mind blowing number of pristine vintage things at real thrift store prices.  Then we (Dave and I) took the bus down to the southeast, had a breaky at Broder and popped into Xtabay and Green Light Records.  Now we are at home, on the couch, having a laptop party and listening to Dave's new records.

Coat: thrifted in Colorado at the Hospice Care Thrift.
Sweater: cashmere, thrifted for less than $5 (!) in Colorado at Salvo.
Bag: Oldie Coach, scored at Buffalo Exchange.
Gloves: the $1 grocery store kind.

Have I talked yet about how freezing cold and yet sunny and cloudless 2011 is?  It's dry and feels almost like a Colorado winter.  It's very odd to me how a 15° drop in temperature (and humidity) + sun in Oregon makes me feel significantly less cold than the normal warm + slightly damp cloudy days we're more used to by now.  God, I talk about the weather all the fucking time, don't I?



Dave (1): Eating at Broder.
Dave (2): on Christmas Day, in China Town, on the way to Jewish Christmas (we ate Chinese food and went to see the new Coen Bros. movie.)  Our roommate Matt is to Dave's right.  To Matt's right is Judy.  That's Matt's car behind Dave, if you're interested.  Also, the sweater Dave is wearing used to belong to his mom (also named Judy.)  It says, "Holy Ghost School New Orleans LA."

1 comment: