Tuesday, August 31, 2010

AUGUST 31, 2010

This is not today's outfit. This is last week's outfit.
Unforseen circumstances kept me away from the internet.
Apologies & more regular activity on my part to follow.


These photos were taken on the way to dinner at Toro Bravo, a Spanish-flavor, tapas-style deal and one of the best restaurants in town which (happily) is located a short two blocks from our house. The fireplace behind me is our fireplace, in our living room. We are lucky.




Tie-back floral dress: your and my favorite 90's brand, All That Jazz.
I will say that (1) I'm kind of tiring of the micro-floral thing but that this dress is an uncommon color variation so I like it and that (2) I was into floral dresses before Urban Outfitters, even before high fashion decided to take a 90's turn so I don't consider wearing this to be hypocritical.

Wrap: fan-print sarong which has accompanied me to the beach a few times.

Boots: Fryes. My favorites. If I were a shoe I would be this shoe.

Earrings: thrifted parrots.

Necklace: costume, given to my maternal grandmother by my grandfather.
At the time he presented it to her, they were newlyweds living in a refugee camp in Austria. Having so few resources, it was kind of a big deal that he could manage to get her anything, let alone something so pretty (even if it's just tin and glass.) Someday I'm going to have it replicated with topaz and white gold.


1 comment:

  1. oh dear, everything about this is wonderful. Even, and of course, the fire place.

    ReplyDelete